What is SecurePay
SecurePay is a payment gateway and online payment processing service provided by Australia Post. It allows merchants to securely accept and process credit card and direct debit payments through their websites and mobile applications.
SecurePay provides a variety of features such as fraud detection, recurring payments, and the ability to process payments in multiple currencies. It also offers integration with a number of popular e-commerce platforms and shopping carts.
It was launched in 2000 and has been providing secure payment processing services to merchants in Australia since then. It has established a reputation as a reliable and secure payment processing service, and it has been adopted by a wide range of merchants, including small businesses and large e-commerce companies.
Can SecurePay be trusted
SecurePay is a reputable and well-established payment processing service provided by Australia Post, a trusted government-owned company.
It is PCI DSS compliant, meaning that it adheres to industry standards for data security and credit card processing. It also offers fraud detection and prevention tools to help protect merchants and their customers from fraudulent transactions.
Additionally, it provides 24/7 customer support and has a dedicated team to help merchants with any issues that may arise. Overall, it can be considered a trustworthy payment processing service.
However, as with any payment service, it is always important to research and assess the security measures and reputation of a company before using their service, and to take any necessary precautions to protect sensitive information.
How SecurePay works
SecurePay works by providing a secure payment gateway for merchants to process credit card and direct debit payments through their websites or mobile applications. When a customer wants to make a purchase, they are directed to SecurePay’s payment page where they enter their credit card or direct debit information.
This information is then sent to SecurePay’s servers for processing, where it is encrypted and sent to the customer’s bank for authorization. Once the bank has approved the transaction, SecurePay sends the approval back to the merchant’s website, and the customer’s purchase is completed.
SecurePay also provides a variety of features that help merchants manage and protect their transactions, such as fraud detection, recurring payments, and the ability to process payments in multiple currencies. It also offers integration with a number of popular e-commerce platforms and shopping carts, so merchants can easily accept payments through their existing systems.
In summary, SecurePay acts as a middleman between the merchant and the customer’s bank, it securely processes the transaction and ensures that the payment is authorized and completed.
Does SecurePay charge a fee
Yes, SecurePay charges a fee for its payment processing services. The fees can vary depending on the type of transaction, the merchant’s industry and volume, and the merchant’s specific needs. Typically, SecurePay charges a transaction fee for each credit card or direct debit payment processed, as well as a monthly fee for access to its services.
For example, SecurePay’s standard pricing for e-commerce transactions is 1.75% + 30 cents for Visa and Mastercard, and 2.2% + 30 cents for American Express and Diners Club. The fees for direct debit transactions are lower and the fees for recurring payments is also different.
It’s important to note that SecurePay’s fees may not include additional charges that may be assessed by the merchant’s bank or other third parties. It’s also worth noting that fees and pricing may change over time, so it’s a good idea to check with SecurePay directly for the most up-to-date information.
Complete guide to use SecurePay
Here is a general guide on how to use SecurePay:
- Sign up for an account: To start using SecurePay, you will first need to sign up for an account. You can do this by visiting the SecurePay website and clicking on the “Sign Up” button. You will then be prompted to provide some basic information about your business and create a username and password.
- Add Payment Methods: Once you have an account, you will need to add the payment methods that you want to accept. This can include credit cards, direct debit and other types of payments. You will also need to provide some additional information such as your bank account details, your merchant ID, and your tax ID number.
- Integrate SecurePay with your website: To start accepting payments through SecurePay, you will need to integrate it with your website. SecurePay offers integration with various e-commerce platforms such as Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, etc. and also provides a simple API to integrate it with your custom checkout process.
- Test your integration: Before going live, it’s essential to test your integration with SecurePay. This will help you ensure that everything is working correctly and that you are able to process payments successfully.
- Go Live: Once you have completed the integration and testing, you can go live and start accepting payments through SecurePay.
- Monitor your transactions: SecurePay provides merchants with real-time reporting and analytics capabilities, so you can monitor your transactions and track your sales. This will help you identify any issues that may arise, and make adjustments to your checkout process as needed.
- Contact SecurePay support: if you have any issues or questions about using SecurePay, you can contact their customer support team for assistance. They have a dedicated support team to help merchants with any issues that may arise.
Please note that this is a general guide and the process may vary depending on your specific needs, please check SecurePay website for more details and updated information on how to use the service.
Can I use SecurePay while I am not an Australian citizen
SecurePay is primarily a payment processing service provided by Australia Post, and it is primarily focused on serving merchants in Australia. It’s designed to be compliant with the laws and regulations of Australia, and the majority of its features and integrations are tailored to the Australian market.
However, it can also be used by merchants outside of Australia, but it may not be the best option for non-Australian merchants. The fees, currency support and other features may not be ideal for non-Australian merchants. It’s also important to note that SecurePay may not be compliant with the laws and regulations of other countries.
Before signing up and using SecurePay, it’s important to check that it’s available in your country and that it is compliant with your country’s laws and regulations regarding payment processing. It’s also a good idea to compare SecurePay with other payment processing options to find the best fit for your business.
Can I exchange currency using SecurePay
Yes, SecurePay allows merchants to process payments in multiple currencies. This means that you can accept payments from customers in different countries and the payments will be automatically converted to your local currency. This feature is available to merchants who have set up a multi-currency merchant account with SecurePay.
However, it’s important to note that there may be additional fees associated with currency conversion and that the exchange rate used for the conversion may not be the same as the market rate. It’s also important to check with SecurePay regarding the supported currencies and if there is any limitation for your country.
It’s also a good idea to check with your bank or financial institution to understand any additional fees or charges they may apply when receiving funds in a different currency.
Can I buy crypto using SecurePay
SecurePay is primarily a payment processing service that allows merchants to accept and process credit card and direct debit payments. It does not provide a service to buy or sell cryptocurrencies. At the moment, it is focused on providing secure payment solutions for traditional forms of currency.
If you want to buy or sell cryptocurrency, you can use a cryptocurrency exchange such as Binance, Coinbase, Kraken, etc. These exchanges allow you to buy, sell and trade different types of cryptocurrencies using fiat money or other cryptocurrencies.
It’s also important to note that buying and selling cryptocurrencies carries a high degree of risk, and it’s important to conduct your own research and understand the risks before investing any money.
Want to buy Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) or Bitcoin Cash (BCH)? We recommend WELLCOINEX! WELLCOINEX is the trusted way of exchanging money and buying cryptocurrencies!