Only people living under a rock haven’t heard of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies yet. But even those who have heard something about it rarely have an idea of how BTC can be useful for electronic stores.
And yes, it is very convenient and profitable. It is automatically exchanged into the local fiat currency for the merchant with a payment processor, which helps retailers with an uninterrupted turnover.
The BTC payment offers the following advantages
- Low commissions. The commission may differ when accepting BTC through exchangers such as Coinbase and for personal wallets, but in both cases it is still lower than the commission of a credit card or PayPal.
- Higher security. Banks can withdraw money directly from your cards without your consent, which can lead to fraud in e-commerce. With cryptocurrency, the situation is different. You will not be able to cancel it if you do not have the seller’s consent.
- Expanded market. In fact, you immediately get access to the community of cryptocurrency enthusiasts, and, in addition, it makes your market even wider, attracting the aforementioned group and ordinary users of cryptocurrencies.
- Fast transaction. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be transferred almost instantly, unlike credit card transactions, which can take several days.
Currently, BTC is gaining more and more recognition among huge corporations and small businesses as a payment system. And this is not so surprising, given the above advantages.
World-known services that accept BTC
Currently, bitcoin occupies the top of the blockchain, is known all over the world. The number of companies accepting BTC is constantly growing.
Regardless of whether the purpose of Bitcoin adoption is marketing or the desire to stay relevant, the fact remains that companies only benefit from it.
In Japan alone, the number of stores is about a quarter of a million. This is the acceptance of BTC nationwide. But it is quite interesting to look at large enterprises that already accept BTC.
Entertainment and learning services
- Twitch. Belongs to Amazon.com, Inc. Although Amazon itself requires customers of third-party services to pay in BTC, the largest streaming platform owned by Amazon allows you to donate and pay for Twitch services in BTC and a fork of BTC – Bitcoin Cash.
- Microsoft. Microsoft Corporation allows you to pay for apps and movies using Bitcoin. Although you can’t buy anything from the Microsoft online store yet.
- Xbox. PlayStation’s biggest competitor. Although it belongs to Microsoft Corporation, it deserves a separate place in this list. You can easily buy games, subscriptions and add-ons with Bitcoin.
- PlayStation. Owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment. Like Xbox, it allows you to purchase games, subscriptions and add-ons for bitcoins.
- Wikimedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is a company that owns Wikipedia, and it accepts bitcoins through BitPay.
Worldwide restaurants that accept Bitcoin
Kentucky Fried Chicken
In Canadian KFC there is a menu item called “Bitcoin Bucket”. You can pay via BitPay and get a limited custom bucket delivered right to your doorsteps.
KFC is famous for its limited packages, and this one consists of 10 original tenders, waffles, a medium side dish, gravy and two dipping sauces and costs $20 in BTC.
Numerous Subway branches accept cryptocurrencies. But the Subway press warns: “Don’t forget about the tax service.”
Some Venezuelan Burger King restaurants and all restaurants in Germany now accept BTC. Some believe that this is a marketing bait just to gain a reputation as a progressive and visionary company.
Burger King accepts Bitcoin and BCH only for online orders, delivery is carried out only in the city. Experts say that in the near future they may be accepted at Burger King branches around the world, with the exception of countries where payments in BTC are currently prohibited.
Domino’s Pizza, Inc. has recently accepted Bitcoin as a means of payment. Although, as in all the above cases, it only works for online orders.
Car companies and retailers that accept Bitcoin
BMW (BayerischeMotorenWerke AG)
More recently, crypto traders have started buying luxury BMW cars on an unprecedented scale. And there is a reason for this – BMW now accepts bitcoin, which was a reasonable step – new customers got rich.
Tesla is known for welcoming all new technologies, and it was the first car manufacturer to adopt Bitcoin.
A branch of the Nissan dealership in Georgia also accepted BTC. To do this, he entered into a partnership with BitPay. But they do not provide leasing in BTC yet.
This is a company from Yukon, Okla., which is engaged in the restoration of classic Ford Mustangs and Shelby American.
Luxury car dealers
Back in 2017, a Lamborghini dealer in Costa Mesa, California, started accepting Bitcoin as a payment method. Now such dealers can be found in New York, Albany and Atlanta.
Bob Moore Auto Dealers
It has 18 dealerships in Oklahoma and accepts Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
E-Z Rent a Car
This company started accepting BTC to simplify the rental process, which significantly increased its market share.
There’s only one entry here, but it’s extremely important.
- PayPal, owned by PayPal Holdings, Inc. The largest payment system allowed merchants to accept Bitcoin back in 2014. The cost of the transaction is determined by payment processors and merchants.
- Shopify. This is a world-famous company that offers a platform for the smooth creation of an electronic store. It has been accepting Bitcoin since 2013.
- Etsy. Like Shopify, it is a world-renowned company that provides a platform for the sale of jewelry, handmade goods and vintage goods. Customers can pay with bitcoins.
- Fiverr. This is the largest freelance platform where users can pay in bitcoins.
- Gyft. It is an aggregator of gift cards and promo codes, it collects gift cards and promo codes from iTunes, Amazon and all major stores or service providers. And yes, it accepts Bitcoin.
Also, if you want to find the stores closest to you that work with bitcoin, use Coinmap 2.0. It shows the outlets that accept BTC on the local map.
- Red Cross and Red Crescent. It is a multinational humanitarian organization with an incalculable number of projects over the 157 years of its existence. You can make a donation via BitPay on their official website.
- Save the Children. It is a foundation that helps in providing better education and healthcare for children facing war or natural disasters around the world.
- The Water Project. A non-profit organization that helps solve the water crisis in sub-Saharan Africa by helping people escape from poverty and lack of clean water.
- Watsi. Crowdfunding healthcare platform with full transparency and Bitcoin donations.
- Internet Archive. A giant Internet library, running CDL programs, like all stationary libraries. Offers free access to any educational materials.
The fact that bitcoin is becoming more and more like a traditional currency is undeniable due to the constant growth of its use among large medium and small enterprises.
There are various ways to find companies accepting cryptocurrency, and Bitcoin users can spend their cryptocurrency indirectly using gift cards if some stores have not yet implemented Bitcoin payment.
This may seem unconventional, but, nevertheless, it is a good sign that BTC will be accepted everywhere in the future.
With such a rapid growth of Bitcoin adoption all around us, it is not so difficult to join the club of progressive BTC traders and enter new markets. To make this real, you will need a good Bitcoin provider.
WELLCOINEX offers the most modern payment gateway solutions with instant transactions and low fees. It supports all known cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH, DASH, NEO, ETC, XRP, XMR and others.
WELLCOINEX works with banks, casinos, exchange platforms, e-commerce stores and auctions. An intuitive multifunctional interface is also present.