What is BlueSnap
BlueSnap is a global payment processing company that provides a comprehensive platform for online and mobile payments. It offers a range of payment solutions, including online and mobile checkout, subscription billing, invoicing, and marketplaces.
BlueSnap enables businesses to accept payments from customers around the world in multiple currencies and supports various payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, digital wallets, and local payment options.
The company’s platform is designed to simplify the payment process for businesses and enhance the customer experience. It provides features such as intelligent payment routing, fraud prevention tools, and customizable checkout pages.
BlueSnap also offers advanced reporting and analytics to help businesses gain insights into their payment data and optimize their payment operations.
One of BlueSnap’s key strengths is its ability to handle global payments. It supports over 100 currencies and provides localized payment options for different countries, making it easier for businesses to expand internationally.
The platform also helps businesses comply with regulatory requirements and ensures secure transactions through its robust security measures.
Overall, BlueSnap aims to provide businesses with a seamless and flexible payment solution that can be integrated into various e-commerce platforms and systems. It caters to businesses of all sizes, from small startups to large enterprises, across different industries.
The history of BlueSnap
BlueSnap was founded in 2001 under the name Plimus Inc. by Ralph Dangelmaier, Tomer Herzog, and Aviv Refuah. The company initially focused on providing e-commerce solutions and digital goods distribution services. It offered a platform for online businesses to sell and distribute their digital products and manage their e-commerce operations.
In 2011, Plimus rebranded itself as BlueSnap to reflect its evolution into a global payment processor. The name change signified the company’s commitment to expanding its services beyond digital goods and becoming a comprehensive payment solution provider.
BlueSnap continued to develop its payment platform, offering features such as subscription billing, mobile checkout, and support for multiple payment methods and currencies. It also established partnerships with various acquiring banks and payment networks to expand its global reach.
Over the years, BlueSnap has undergone significant growth and attracted investment from leading venture capital firms. In 2014, Great Hill Partners, a private equity firm, acquired a majority stake in the company to support its expansion plans. This investment enabled BlueSnap to accelerate product development, expand its sales and marketing efforts, and enhance its technology infrastructure.
BlueSnap’s focus on international payment processing has been a key aspect of its growth strategy. The company has expanded its presence in different regions and developed localized payment capabilities to cater to the needs of businesses and consumers worldwide.
BlueSnap has served thousands of businesses across various industries, ranging from e-commerce and software companies to travel and hospitality. It continues to innovate and evolve its payment platform to keep up with the changing needs of the global e-commerce landscape.
How BlueSnap works
BlueSnap provides businesses with a comprehensive payment platform that enables them to accept and process online payments from customers worldwide. Here’s an overview of how BlueSnap works:
- Integration: Businesses integrate BlueSnap’s payment platform into their websites, e-commerce platforms, or mobile applications. BlueSnap offers various integration options, including API integration, hosted payment pages, and pre-built shopping cart plugins for popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento.
- Payment Acceptance: Once integrated, businesses can start accepting payments from customers. BlueSnap supports multiple payment methods, including major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), debit cards, digital wallets (such as PayPal and Apple Pay), and localized payment options specific to certain countries.
- Global Payment Processing: BlueSnap’s platform is designed to handle global payments efficiently. It supports over 100 currencies and provides localized payment options for different countries, allowing businesses to expand their reach internationally. BlueSnap manages the complexities of currency conversion and ensures seamless payment processing across borders.
- Checkout and Payment Experience: BlueSnap offers customizable checkout pages that can be tailored to match a business’s branding and user experience requirements. The checkout process is designed to be user-friendly and optimized for conversion, with features like one-click purchasing and guest checkout options. BlueSnap also supports recurring billing for subscription-based businesses.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: BlueSnap employs robust security measures to protect sensitive payment data. It is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant, ensuring that businesses meet the highest security standards for handling cardholder information. BlueSnap also incorporates advanced fraud prevention tools and employs machine learning algorithms to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions.
- Reporting and Analytics: BlueSnap provides businesses with comprehensive reporting and analytics tools to gain insights into their payment data. The platform offers real-time transaction data, detailed sales reports, and customizable dashboards, allowing businesses to track their payment performance, analyze trends, and make informed business decisions.
- Payouts and Settlement: BlueSnap facilitates timely and accurate payout processes. Once payments are processed, businesses can choose their preferred payout schedule and receive settlements in their desired currency.
- Support and Customer Service: BlueSnap offers customer support to assist businesses with any inquiries or technical issues related to their payment operations. The support team is available via phone, email, or online chat.
Overall, BlueSnap simplifies the payment process for businesses, providing them with a secure and reliable platform to accept payments globally, optimize conversion rates, and manage their payment operations effectively.
Can BlueSnap be trusted
BlueSnap is a reputable global payment processor that has been operating in the industry for over two decades. The company has established partnerships with major acquiring banks, payment networks, and technology providers, which further enhances its credibility. Here are some factors that contribute to the trustworthiness of BlueSnap:
- Industry Experience: BlueSnap has a long-standing history, starting as Plimus Inc. in 2001 and rebranding as BlueSnap in 2011. With over 20 years of experience in the payment processing industry, BlueSnap has developed expertise and a deep understanding of the evolving e-commerce landscape.
- Security and Compliance: BlueSnap prioritizes the security of payment data and is PCI DSS compliant, which means it adheres to strict industry standards for the handling and storage of cardholder information. By maintaining PCI compliance, BlueSnap ensures that businesses can trust their payment operations with a secure and reliable platform.
- Global Reach: BlueSnap’s extensive global presence and support for multiple currencies and payment methods demonstrate its commitment to serving businesses worldwide. The company’s ability to handle international payments and provide localized payment options in various countries is a testament to its reliability and adaptability.
- Partnerships: BlueSnap has established partnerships with reputable acquiring banks, payment networks, and technology providers. These collaborations not only expand BlueSnap’s capabilities but also indicate its credibility within the payment processing ecosystem.
- Positive Reputation: BlueSnap has a track record of serving thousands of businesses across different industries. While it’s always essential to conduct individual research and due diligence, the company has generally garnered positive reviews and testimonials from its clients.
It’s important to note that while BlueSnap provides a reliable payment processing platform, the ultimate trustworthiness and security of any payment transaction also depend on other factors, such as how businesses handle customer data, their own security practices, and compliance with relevant regulations.
As with any business relationship, it’s advisable for businesses to thoroughly evaluate their specific needs, consider the terms and conditions, and conduct their own research before deciding to partner with any payment processor, including BlueSnap.
Does BlueSnap charge a fee
Yes, BlueSnap charges fees for its payment processing services. The specific fees and pricing structure may vary depending on factors such as the type of business, transaction volume, currencies involved, and the specific services and features utilized. BlueSnap typically operates on a “pay-as-you-go” model, where businesses are charged per transaction or based on a percentage of the transaction value.
The fees charged by BlueSnap may include:
- Transaction Fees: These fees are assessed for each completed transaction processed through the BlueSnap platform. Transaction fees are typically calculated as a percentage of the transaction value or as a fixed amount per transaction.
- Currency Conversion Fees: If a transaction involves currency conversion (e.g., a customer paying in a different currency than the merchant’s base currency), BlueSnap may charge a fee for the currency conversion service.
- Cross-Border Fees: For international transactions, where the customer and merchant are in different countries, BlueSnap may impose additional fees to cover the complexities and costs associated with cross-border payment processing.
- Chargeback Fees: In the event of a chargeback, where a customer disputes a transaction and requests a refund, BlueSnap may charge a fee for the administrative costs associated with handling the chargeback process.
It’s important for businesses to review and understand the fee structure and pricing details provided by BlueSnap before integrating their payment platform. Fees can vary based on specific business requirements, volume, and other factors. Businesses should also consider factors beyond fees, such as the quality of service, security measures, support, and additional features provided by BlueSnap when evaluating the overall value and cost-effectiveness of the service.