What is 3dcart
3dcart is an e-commerce platform that provides online store solutions for businesses. It offers various features and integrations, including payment system options to facilitate online transactions. 3dcart supports a wide range of payment gateways, allowing merchants to accept payments from customers securely and conveniently.
Regarding payment systems, 3dcart offers several options for processing online payments. It integrates with popular payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net, Square, and many more. These payment gateways act as intermediaries between the merchant’s online store and the customer’s financial institution, securely transmitting payment information and facilitating transactions.
By integrating a payment gateway with 3dcart, merchants can accept credit card payments, debit card payments, and other payment methods based on the supported gateway. These systems typically support major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, as well as alternative payment methods like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and digital wallets.
Merchants using 3dcart can choose their preferred payment gateway based on factors such as transaction fees, supported countries, and compatibility with their business requirements. The specific payment systems available in 3dcart may vary depending on the merchant’s location and the payment gateways they choose to integrate.
It’s important to note that while 3dcart provides the infrastructure and integrations for payment processing, the fees and terms associated with using specific payment gateways are determined by the gateway providers themselves. Merchants should review the terms and conditions of each payment gateway and choose the one that best suits their needs in terms of cost, security, and features.
The history of 3dcart
3dcart is an e-commerce platform that was founded in 1997 by Gonzalo Gil. The company initially started as Infomart 2000, a web development agency. In 2001, the company rebranded itself as 3dcart and shifted its focus to developing an all-in-one e-commerce solution.
The early years of 3dcart were marked by continuous development and improvement of its e-commerce software. The platform gained popularity among small and medium-sized businesses for its user-friendly interface, extensive features, and flexibility in creating online stores.
Over the years, 3dcart has undergone significant advancements and expansions. It introduced numerous updates to its software, incorporating new functionalities and keeping up with the evolving needs of online merchants. The platform expanded its range of templates and themes, allowing businesses to customize the look and feel of their online stores.
One notable milestone in 3dcart’s history was the release of version 4.0 in 2010. This update introduced a redesigned interface, improved performance, and enhanced SEO features. It also marked the beginning of a series of updates and releases that have continued to this day.
In recent years, 3dcart has focused on providing more advanced features and integrations to meet the demands of the e-commerce industry. It has expanded its partnerships with leading payment gateways, shipping carriers, and third-party applications to offer a comprehensive ecosystem for online businesses.
3dcart has also embraced responsive design and mobile commerce, ensuring that online stores built on its platform are optimized for mobile devices. This has become increasingly important as mobile shopping continues to grow in popularity.
Throughout its history, 3dcart has received recognition and awards for its e-commerce solutions. It has been praised for its user-friendly interface, robust feature set, and reliable customer support.
How 3dcart works
3dcart is an e-commerce platform that provides a comprehensive solution for businesses to build and manage their online stores. Here’s a general overview of how 3dcart works:
- Sign up and set up your store: To get started with 3dcart, you need to sign up for an account on their website. Once you’ve created an account, you can begin setting up your online store. This involves choosing a theme or template for the store’s design, customizing its appearance, and configuring basic settings such as store name, currency, and language.
- Add products and organize categories: With 3dcart, you can easily add products to your store. You can provide detailed product descriptions, images, prices, and inventory information. You can also organize your products into categories and subcategories to make it easier for customers to navigate and find what they’re looking for.
- Customize your store: 3dcart offers a range of customization options to make your store unique and aligned with your brand. You can customize the design and layout of your store using pre-designed templates or by modifying the HTML and CSS code. You can also add your logo, banners, and promotional elements to give your store a personalized touch.
- Set up payment gateways: 3dcart integrates with various payment gateways, allowing you to accept payments from customers. You can choose and configure the payment gateways that best suit your needs, such as PayPal, Stripe, or Authorize.Net. This enables customers to securely make online payments using credit cards, debit cards, and other payment methods.
- Configure shipping and tax settings: 3dcart provides options to set up shipping and tax settings for your store. You can define shipping methods, rates, and zones based on your preferences and the regions you want to ship to. You can also configure tax rules and rates based on your location and applicable tax regulations.
- Manage orders and fulfillment: As customers place orders on your store, you can manage them through the 3dcart dashboard. You can view, process, and fulfill orders, generate invoices, print shipping labels, and update order statuses. 3dcart also offers integrations with shipping carriers, making it easier to handle shipping and tracking.
- Marketing and promotion: 3dcart provides built-in marketing tools and features to help you promote your store and attract customers. You can optimize your store for search engines (SEO), create discount codes and coupons, run email marketing campaigns, and integrate with social media platforms for wider reach.
- Analytics and reporting: 3dcart offers analytics and reporting features to track the performance of your online store. You can gain insights into sales, customer behavior, website traffic, and other key metrics. This data helps you make informed decisions and optimize your store’s performance.
- Support and resources: 3dcart provides customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone. They also offer documentation, video tutorials, and a knowledge base to help you navigate the platform and troubleshoot any issues.
Overall, 3dcart simplifies the process of building, managing, and growing an online store by providing a comprehensive set of tools and features. It enables businesses to create a professional and functional e-commerce presence without requiring extensive technical expertise.
Can 3dcart be trusted
3dcart has been in the e-commerce industry for over two decades and has built a reputation as a reliable and trusted platform for online stores. Here are some factors to consider regarding trustworthiness:
- Longevity: 3dcart has a long history, having been founded in 1997. The fact that they have been operating for many years demonstrates their stability and credibility in the industry.
- Customer base: 3dcart serves a diverse customer base, including small and medium-sized businesses across various industries. Their platform is used by thousands of merchants, which indicates a level of trust placed in their services.
- Security: 3dcart takes security seriously and provides measures to protect customer data and transactions. They use SSL encryption to ensure secure data transmission and offer options for PCI compliance to safeguard sensitive payment information.
- Payment gateways: 3dcart integrates with reputable payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.Net. These payment gateways have their own security measures and are widely trusted in the industry.
- Positive reviews: It can be helpful to read reviews and feedback from other users of the 3dcart platform. Look for testimonials and reviews from merchants who have used 3dcart to get an understanding of their experiences and satisfaction levels.
- Support and resources: 3dcart provides customer support and resources to assist users with any issues or questions they may have. The availability of responsive customer support can contribute to a sense of trust in the platform.
While 3dcart has established itself as a reputable e-commerce platform, it is always recommended to do your own research and due diligence. Consider your specific business needs, read reviews, and evaluate the platform’s features and capabilities to determine if it aligns with your requirements.
Does 3dcart charge a fee
Yes, 3dcart charges a fee for using its e-commerce platform. They offer several pricing plans with different features and pricing structures to cater to various business needs. The specific fees and pricing details may vary depending on the plan you choose and any additional services or add-ons you require.
The pricing plans offered by 3dcart typically include a monthly subscription fee. The fee is based on the features and resources provided by each plan, such as the number of products, storage capacity, bandwidth, and access to advanced functionalities. Higher-tier plans often offer more resources and advanced features, but they also come with higher costs.
In addition to the subscription fees, it’s important to consider other potential costs associated with running an online store on 3dcart. These can include transaction fees charged by payment gateways, fees for certain integrations or add-ons, and costs related to customizing your store’s design or implementing specific features.
It’s recommended to review the pricing details on the 3dcart website or contact their sales team directly to get the most up-to-date information on their fees and pricing plans. This will help you determine the cost implications and choose the plan that best suits your budget and business requirements.
Until relatively recently, business owners thought that connecting different payment methods on the site was an unnecessary functionality, justified only for large businesses.
Businesses were in no hurry to connect online payment options, and customers did not trust payments on the site.
Now, however, a successful online business is not possible without automation of fees on the site. Businesses will not be competitive if they do not connect payment automation.
How you can accept payments on the site
Payment automation on the site is a hot topic not only for startups but also for long-time market players. The modern market can offer 3 options for connecting online payments to the site:
- The easiest and most straightforward is to pay by card through an acquirer bank. This option will never lose its relevance because everyone has bank cards. The method of payment by card must be connected to the site, but it is not worth limiting yourself to this option. To reach a larger audience it is worth connecting other payment options as well.
- Payment through an electronic payment system. This option will require a bit more action from the business owner because before connecting any particular electronic payment system, you should analyze the needs of your target audience and determine which payment systems are in demand by your users.
- Using a payment aggregator. This option allows you to accept payments by different methods, including cards, as well as payment systems, and cryptocurrency.
The latter option gives maximum possibilities to online business, requiring minimum actions from its owner. You will not have to spend time on concluding contracts with each payment system.
However, the scheme of crediting funds is slightly different: the money from the buyer is first credited to the account of the intermediary and only then to the seller’s details.
Why do I need payment automation
Today’s consumers have many opportunities and strive for maximum comfort. The ability to make purchases without leaving home is one of those opportunities.
The more comfortable and convenient the payment process is, the more likely it is that an occasional customer will become your regular customer.
If you don’t give them the opportunity to pay for everything at once right on the site, your client will go to a competitor.
Payment automation allows you to increase your reach while providing the most comfortable online shopping experience for your target audience.
Businesses, in turn, receive revenue growth by increasing audience loyalty and attracting additional groups of customers.
Why is payment on the site considered automated? It’s quite simple: the client doesn’t need an employee of the company to make the payment.
The transaction can be done independently because the process is simple and understandable even for a child.
Advantages of automated payment
Online business is always an increased risk. Enabling the online payment option on the website is, first and foremost, a risk reduction for the business.
You get 100% prepayment for a product or service from the client. You can be sure that the client won’t get lost in the payment process just because he chose the offline payment option and didn’t reach the terminal as a result.
By connecting payment to the site, businesses can reduce logistics costs and avoid freezing personal working capital.
However, that’s not all there is to consider. Marketers often say that online shopping is a place for impulse, spontaneous purchases.
That is why it is important for the client to be able to make the payment before the “mood” has worn off or the impact of advertising has weakened.
The share of such purchases is high, but this scheme only works if the client can complete the purchase without leaving the site.
Otherwise, he’ll have time to think and may change his mind.
Advantages of payment automation
In addition, the advantages of payment automation can include:
- The possibility of choice for buyers. Not everyone wants to pay by card, waste time looking for a terminal, or overpay for an order with cash on delivery. Give freedom of choice to your customers, and they will come back to you again and again;
- Automating processes is always good for business because it gives staff time to focus on more important tasks. Employees won’t have to deal with invoices or transactions. Everything will happen automatically;
- The possibility of controlling the availability of goods on the site. The better the control, the less likely it is that you will have to return the payment to the client. For this purpose, you need to integrate the payment tool into the site’s CRM;
- Creating a favorable environment for business growth and development. The more opportunities site visitors have and the fewer restrictions they encounter when placing an order, the higher the chances that they will stay with you and become regular customers.
The cost of connecting automated payment
The process of integrating a payment service into a website is in most cases completely free of charge.
This step allows you to set up your business for mutually beneficial long-term cooperation with the aggregator.
However, using the system will require a financial investment. In most cases, the amount depends on the specific service. The most common option is to pay a fee for each transaction.
The terms of cooperation may vary: some offer a flat fee for any transaction, but there are variants in which the fee will differ depending on the payment method the customer has chosen.
The commission usually does not exceed 5%. Moreover, the higher the amount and the greater the number of transactions, the lower the commission payable will be.
How do you connect the automated payment to the site
At the first stage, the business chooses the right tool to solve its problems.
At this stage, it is important to evaluate not only the size of the commission and the functionality of the service, but also:
• The presence of restrictions on access to funds. Not all services are ready to provide access to funds in 24/7 mode with the right to withdraw funds at any time;
• The presence of additional functions. It would be nice if the service will offer you in addition to the standard functions the possibility of withdrawal of funds in different ways, currency exchange within the account, the delegation of functions, etc.;
• Compliance with security requirements. A prerequisite is the compliance of the selected service with the international PCI DSS standard.
Process of payment acceptance
If we talk about the process of payment acceptance, it can be divided into three stages:
- Register for the service and create an account. In order for you to be approved for an account, you need to provide data not only about the site but also about the business as a whole.
- Next, the system is integrated into the site. At this stage, the tool for accepting payments is added to the site. The site owner himself can cope with this task.
- Setting up and full operation of the service. It’s important to create an individual page for payments, which won’t differ much in design from the site. Setting up payment options, transaction reporting, and notifications will greatly simplify working with the service in the future.
You can perform integration not only through API but also through the module for the CMS site.
In the first case, you will need the help of a programmer, while with the second option even a person who is not familiar with programming can cope with it.
How risky is it to automate payment processes
Automation saves a lot of time in processing payments. However, at the same time, other issues arise: regarding the security of the transactions.
How is the problem of payment risks solved
Any payment system has two main tasks:
• Protecting your business from fraudsters;
• Exclusion of variants of rejection of reliable payments.
By solving these problems, the service increases site conversion and business revenue, protecting it from unwanted situations.
Security is ensured by using fraud-monitoring. This is a rather expensive solution that allows you to check all payments for possible fraud.
In addition, the system monitors and analyzes potentially risky transactions. Almost every payment system has an antifraud system because the success of the service depends on its availability and quality.
It is quite expensive to build your own antifraud system, but the use of bank fraud monitoring is fraught with the risk of rejection even of obviously reliable transactions.
It is important that the aggregator not only offers you antifraud monitoring but also allows you to customize the system to the specifics of your business.
Control of online payments
Any payment aggregator or payment system is able to provide businesses with the necessary tools to monitor each transaction.
However, the effectiveness of the tools can vary significantly. Pay special attention to the usability of transaction tracking tools, clarify the possibility of customizing them to your requirements.
In general, general information will be available to you without revealing the personal data of payers. Once you have the necessary data, you can generate reports according to your criteria.
This is important if you don’t want to miss transactions, or if you want to conduct a comparative analysis of online payments with other forms of payment.
What’s the bottom line
Payment automation for modern businesses is no longer a fad, but a necessity.
If you want to increase efficiency, attract an additional audience to your site, increase the loyalty of your target audience –allow consumers to buy without barriers.
Your customers will get what they want, and you’ll have time for more important tasks.